* Hardcover book version published August 2010.
* Kindle version at Amazon published 2011.
* Audiobook edition published 2013. MP3 and YouTube links below.
* 2:45-hour documentary at Netflix and on DVD at Amazon; published 2006.
* Polish translation by Izabela Kłodzińska (Chojnice: Fundacji Fuhrmanna, 2014). Preface in English. Przemysław Zientkowski’s foreword.
* Persian translation by Mohsen Mahmoudi (Tehran: Bourgeois Publishing, 2015).
* Spanish translation forthcoming in 2016.
* Ukrainian translation forthcoming in 2016.
* Samples of the manuscript are below in PDF format.
Table of Contents [PDF]
3. How could Nazism happen?
4. Five weak explanations for National Socialism
5. Explaining Nazism philosophically
6. The Nazi Party Program
7. Collectivism, not individualism
8. Economic socialism, not capitalism
9. Nationalism, not internationalism or cosmopolitanism
10. Authoritarianism, not liberal democracy
11. Idealism, not politics as usual
12. Nazi democratic success
13. Political controls
14. Education [PDF]
17. Economic controls
19. The Holocaust
20. The question of Nazism’s philosophical roots
21. Who was Friedrich Nietzsche? [PDF]22. God is dead
23. Nihilism’s symptoms
24. Masters and slaves
25. The origin of slave morality
26. The Overman
27. Five differences
28. On the “blond beast” and racism
29. On contemporary Germans
30. On anti-Semitism
31. On the Jews
32. On Judaism and Christianity
33. Summary of the five differences
40. Hindsight and future resolve
41. Principled anti-Nazism
Part 9. Appendices
42. Appendix 1: NSDAP Party Program [PDF]
43. Appendix 2: Quotations on Nazi socialism and fascism [PDF]
44. Appendix 3: Quotations on German anti-Semitism [PDF]
45. Appendix 4: Quotations on German militarism [PDF]
Covers of the various editions and translations (at right).
Nietzsche and the Nazis — documentary screenshots.
The brochure with the full table of contents [PDF].
The first several minutes of the documentary are posted at YouTube:
On a lighter note: Ricky Gervais’s “Politics (Hitler interprets Nietzsche).”
Return to the StephenHicks.org main page.