9 thoughts on “The relevance of philosophy to education

• January 9, 2011 at 1:11 am

Even with having an undergraduate degree in Psychology with minor in Philosophy I could not understand the importance of relating Philosophy to Education until hearing this lecture! I am excited to have found your videos and can see that I will be referencing them in my graduate studies. Thank you very much for making them accessible on the Internet!

• January 9, 2011 at 8:22 am

I’m glad to know you found this material useful, Jessica. All the best to you in your graduate studies.

• May 3, 2011 at 8:20 am

These lectures are great, i have a final exam coming up and i want to watch all the videos before, sorry i didn’t find them earlier.

• June 14, 2011 at 7:53 am

That’s very true Mr. Hicks. In fact, what we, as teachers, really need is to be eclectic; knowing all the different philosophies and approaches to education and then choose the best from each of them. that’s how we grow professional.

• March 26, 2013 at 1:13 am

• January 7, 2014 at 10:22 am

Great I found these materials! These are really helpful. I have been reading loads of complicated texts for my report on philo of educ. Should have known this earlier. Thanks so much for these Sir!

• June 5, 2015 at 3:39 am

what a great lecture……….yes Philosophy of Education is very useful and essential in educational system of today…..,

• June 22, 2015 at 4:31 am

Thank you for sharing your expertise on this course. Very informative my students will surely have a great understanding on these matter. I’m listening with your videos for 3 years already and use it on my class as part of strategy e-learning.